Hougarden sources its property valuation data from its valuation algorithm which gathers a range of data to estimate the value that a property could sell or rent for. The data upon which we have relied in formulating such values includes publicly-accessible figures like the sale and rent prices of similar properties, local council valuations and market trends and other third party provider data. The data is of a general nature and should not be relied upon in lieu of appropriate professional advice. While Hougarden uses commercially reasonable efforts to ensure Hougarden’s data is current, Hougarden does not warrant the accuracy, currency or completeness of its data and to the full extent permitted by law excludes all loss or damage howsoever arising (including through negligence) in connection with Hougarden’s data.
Hougarden estimated property values provided on the Platform are estimates only and you must only use them on that basis. They are produced using an automated, computer driven mathematical model that relies on the data that is available. They are generated without a physical inspection of the property and do not incorporate:
• market conditions (including building, planning, or economic) or other external factors that could impact the sale or rental price of a property, like changes in the economy or the housing market generally, future infrastructure plans or the environment; or
• all specific property factors, observable features or risks, such as the standard of construction, recent renovations, adverse environmental issues, improvements, aesthetics, views or aspect, unique features, the current state of repair and decoration, or the specific location.
We also rely on third party provider data and publicly-accessible data to be accurate. Where data from external sources is inaccurate for any reason, the accuracy of Hougarden’s estimated property values will likely be impacted. Similarly, where there is insufficient external data to provide even a broad estimated range, nothing is displayed on the Platform.
Hougarden’s estimated property values should be treated as part of your overall property research, and should not be relied on for property sale, purchase, mortgage or related purposes. Estimated property values are current only at the date of publication and must not be relied upon as a professional valuation or an accurate representation of the market value of the property as determined by a valuer. We strongly recommend that all usual and appropriate due diligence, research and professional advice should be carried out when making any decision about buying or selling property. For a current appraisal of your property, we recommend contacting local real estate agents or property managers or a registered valuer who will carry out a formal valuation (at your own cost). Hougarden and Hougarden expressly exclude any warranties and representations that an estimate is an accurate representation as to the market value of a property.
Hougarden sources some of its data and information for a property from the certificate of title. This is a subset of information available from the relevant registering body and has not been changed in any way. Such data and information is not a substitute for a certificate of title. The data and information is updated at regular intervals (promptly after receipt) but may be up to six weeks old. You should be aware that at any time, the data or information relating to a certificate of title may be out of date and superseded.
Area statistical information and other third party content
The Platform contains statistical location and other data and information sourced from third party sources, including Land Information New Zealand, Stats NZ, New Zealand Police, Ministry of Education, local authorities and Google. All of the following information is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence:
• New Zealand Ministry of Education: School information for schools in an area, in particular school names and contact details, zoning, roll information, decile rating, and school results. This is New Zealand Ministry of Education copyright material and is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.
• Stats NZ: Statistics for an area uses demographic information sourced from the most current census data produced by Stats NZ. This is based on/includes Stats NZ’s data which are licensed by Stats NZ for reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.
• New Zealand Police: Crime information for an area uses general reported crime data published by the New Zealand Police (the New Zealand Police group this information according the postal system’s mech block location units and Hougarden aggregates this into suburbs). This copyright material is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.
• Land Information New Zealand (LINZ): Property records for a property - the title number, type of title, legal description and estate description is sourced from LINZ and licensed by LINZ for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.
• Councils, Regional Councils and other Local Authorities across New Zealand (Local Authorities):
Such information is by its nature general and you must only use it on that basis.
Information on schools does not represent any warranty that the schools zoning will necessarily include the property you are looking at. If this is important to you, we strongly recommend that you contact the applicable school.
The statistical information, including area property valuations, location demographics and crime statistics:
• is based on historical data and may not reflect the location today or in the future; and
• was prepared by third parties and is provided to you through the Platform as a free service only without any warranties provided by us (to the maximum extent permitted by law).
All such information should be treated as only one part of your overall property research, and should not be relied on for property sale, purchase, mortgage or related purposes.