HouGarden Platform contains statistical location and other data and information sourced from third party sources, including Land Information New Zealand, Stats NZ, New Zealand Police, Ministry of Education, local authorities and Google. All of the following information is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence:
• New Zealand Ministry of Education: School information for schools in an area, in particular school names and contact details, zoning, roll information, decile rating, and school results. This is New Zealand Ministry of Education copyright material and is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.
• Stats NZ: Statistics for an area uses demographic information sourced from the most current census data produced by Stats NZ. This is based on/includes Stats NZ’s data which are licensed by Stats NZ for reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.
• New Zealand Police: Crime information for an area uses general reported crime data published by the New Zealand Police (the New Zealand Police group this information according the postal system’s mech block location units and Hougarden aggregates this into suburbs). This copyright material is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.
• Land Information New Zealand (LINZ): Property records for a property - the title number, type of title, legal description and estate description is sourced from LINZ and licensed by LINZ for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.
• Councils, Regional Councils and other Local Authorities across New Zealand (Local Authorities):
Property records for a property - we use the following data points from Local Authorities
Deck, Living area, Contour, Floor area, Condition, Council
Unitary plan, Off street parking, View type, Land area, Year of construction Construction
Rating valuation and property history for a property - as well as the per cent differences given comparing a Local Authority’s previous ratable value to the current value, we use the following data points from Local Authorities
Rateable value, Land value, Improvement value, Date property sold
Value property sold for Consent issued and description Date of RV assessment Date built
Such information is by its nature general and you must only use it on that basis.
Information on schools does not represent any warranty that the schools zoning will necessarily include the property you are looking at. If this is important to you, we strongly recommend that you contact the applicable school.
The statistical information, including area property valuations, location demographics and crime statistics:
• is based on historical data and may not reflect the location today or in the future; and
• was prepared by third parties and is provided to you through the Platform as a free service only without any warranties provided by us (to the maximum extent permitted by law).
All such information should be treated as only one part of your overall property research, and should not be relied on for property sale, purchase, mortgage or related purposes.